Watermelon is a unique berry that can be consumed to satisfy hunger and thirst. Interestingly, watermelon is also used for weight loss. In the publication we will tell you what the watermelon diet is.
The watermelon diet is versatile. It will allow you to get rid of excess weight and dull the feeling of hunger. This type of diet gives visible results, however, unfortunately, it is not suitable for everyone.
Features of the watermelon diet
A key feature of this diet is the daily consumption of watermelon. Drinking tea or water is also acceptable. The amount of watermelon required for consumption in this diet is calculated based on the weight of a losing weight person.
Important! For every 10 kg of human body, you need to eat 1 kg of watermelon.
Types of watermelon diet
There are two types of watermelon diet - tough and lightweight. With a strict diet, only watermelon pulp is eaten. On a lightweight diet, it is also permissible to eat low-calorie breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Watermelon pulp is eaten as a snack, completing any meal with it.
Principles of the watermelon diet
While adhering to the watermelon diet, you need to study its principles:
- As a rule, the watermelon diet is carried out during the berry ripening season - in August. In this time period, you can be sure of the naturalness of watermelons.
- The stage of choosing a high-quality watermelon is important, since a low-quality one will bring even more harm.
Important! A good, ripe berry will have a dry tail, you can see the presence of a bright contrast of dark and light stripes. When tapping on the watermelon, you should hear a sound that resembles a dull hum. These signs are indicative of the quality of the watermelon.
- The menu, based on the use of juicy watermelon, is aimed at performing two main tasks: to cleanse the body and remove excess weight.
- The watermelon diet is designed for a short time. This is about 5 days. Further, you can add other dishes to the diet. This menu is called "watermelon food".
Important! The watermelon diet allows you to remove excess fluid from the body, cleanse it of toxins and toxic substances.
- During a strict watermelon diet, you can get rid of 3 or more extra pounds.
- To consolidate the result obtained will allow "watermelon nutrition" - a compiled diet, including the use of not only watermelon, but also other products.
- The auxiliary products on the watermelon diet that can be consumed include: Other products come to the rescue here, namely: other fruits (except bananas), vegetables, cereals, lean chicken and fish. Do not eat these foods fried.
Important! When adding watermelon to the diet, you need to make sure that there is no allergy to the berry. You only need ripe watermelons.
Before cutting the watermelon, it must be thoroughly rinsed and wiped so as not to get an intestinal infection. The surface of this berry can contain a large number of microbes.
Features of nutrition with a watermelon diet
While on a watermelon diet, it is not recommended to eat all fatty foods, smoked foods, fatty cheeses, dairy products, eggs, sweets. These products in combination with watermelon can provoke an upset stomach, excessive gas production.
The first day of the diet
On the first day of the diet, you need to eat only 3-4 pieces of berries.
On other days, you need to eat watermelon 5 to 6 times a day, taking short breaks. Dinner on a watermelon diet should be started 4 hours before bedtime.
How many days to diet?
In order to understand how many days you need to go on a diet, it is recommended to start with one day. This will allow the person to test their strength and understand the optimal number of days to achieve the expected results.
How to end the diet correctly
You need to complete the watermelon diet by gradually reducing the amount of pulp consumed. This is necessary in order to prevent the potential threat of toxicosis or diarrhea.
Important! The use of berries will allow you to remove from the body mainly excess volumes of fluid, and not fat. That is why nutritionists advise, while on a watermelon diet, to move more.
At the end of the diet, you need to return to everyday life a number of physical activities: you can run, walk, yoga, Pilates, dance. However, you do not need to overload your body immediately after a diet. You need to start gradually, first giving a small load, and then doing it more and more.
Benefits of the watermelon diet
Useful properties of the berry:
- Watermelon perfectly satisfies hunger and saturates the body for the whole day.
- The diet is easily tolerated and does not immerse the body in stress. Due to the fact that the berry consists almost only of water, a person will hardly experience a feeling of hunger when using it. The stomach constantly replenishes its reserves of nutrient fluid.
- Getting rid of edema. Edema is eliminated because fluid enters the body in a sufficiently large amount and it no longer needs to store and block water in the cells.
- Normalization of bowel function. Watermelon contains many useful substances that have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Maintaining water-salt balance. The berry contains many mineral salts that have a beneficial effect on the normalization of metabolism in the body.
- Prevention of inflammatory diseases of the urinary system. Drinking watermelon juice prevents harmful bacteria from settling in the walls of the stomach.
Important! 1 kg of watermelon contains 400 kcal. This berry allows you to normalize the work of the digestive tract.
The watermelon diet has contraindications. You shouldn't sit on it if:
- have kidney disease;
- late pregnancy;
- have diabetes mellitus;
- the work of the pancreas is difficult;
- stones in the kidneys;
- liver disorder;
- cardiovascular diseases;
Results of the watermelon diet
As a result, after the completion of the watermelon diet, the following can be distinguished:
- Cleansing the body from slagging and increasing tone in general. Scientists have found citrulline in the pulp of this berry - a substance that, as a result of certain reactions in the body, allows you to expand blood vessels and increase the tone of the body.
- Loss of excess weight. The number of extra pounds thrown off is correlated with excess weight. The more weight a person is on a diet, the more kilograms are likely to lose. Experts point to the estimated amounts of weight lost from the watermelon diet: 3 days - from 3 to 5 kg, a week - from 7 to 10 kg, 2 weeks - from 8 to 14 kg.
- Good health and mood! The watermelon diet promotes sound, healthy sleep and lightness in the body. Also, thanks to the use of berries, positive emotions and good mood are provided! This can be explained by the fact that this dietary product tastes good, which is an attractive addition to such a mono-diet. A person does not need to force himself to eat a berry by force.
Based on the reviews of people who were on a watermelon diet, we can say that it works wonders! Excess weight goes away, there are positive changes in health and appearance. Such a diet, according to experts, while observing the basic principles, will give excellent results. However, do not forget about the presence of contraindications.