The rise in obesity is one of the major health problems of the 21st century in the world. The development of medicine in general made it possible to defeat or reduce the severity of most diseases, which made it possible to increase the duration and quality of life. However, this fact concerns the bulk of diseases - but not excess weight.
The average inhabitant of the Earth continues to get fat. The most complete in Europe in 2016 were residents of the UK and Malta. And these statistics are scary.
However, not everyone knows that being overweight by itself does not always lead to health problems. There is such a concept - metabolically healthy obesity, which is manifested by the fact that a person with excess weight does not always have to have concomitant diseases. It so happens that the body weight as such is significantly higher than the norm, but the associated diseases do not develop. Why is this happening? And because the main importance is not overweight as such, but the ratio of muscle and fat mass in the body, and most importantly - the distribution of this fat mass. And then it is not body weight that comes to the fore, but the volume of the body, and, first of all, the abdominal circumference.
Causes of the appearance of the abdomen
The abdominal circumference is not the same as the waist. The fact is that the waist is the narrowest place, and it can be located slightly differently for different people, higher or lower. Therefore, the doctors agreed to allocate a standard place in the body, the measurements of which will be comparable for research. They decided to consider this place a point 2 cm above the navel. Numerous studies have shown that for women, the dangerous figure for the abdominal circumference is 80 cm and above, for men - 94 cm.
Why does the abdominal circumference determine the state of health? Because the fatty tissue in the abdominal cavity is the most dangerous. This fat contains many small vessels - capillaries, up to 500 meters in 1 kg of fat. For example, 10 kg of excess fat in the abdomen will give up to 5 kilometers of extra vessels - and this will lead to an increase in the so-called peripheral vascular resistance, which will force the heart to increase pressure in large vessels and increase the load on the heart. In addition, it is visceral fat that mainly leads to the development of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus. It can accumulate inside the abdominal organs - for example, in the liver and pancreas, negatively affecting their work, causing fatty hepatosis.
Summarize. Visceral fat can cause the following diseases:
- fatty hepatosis;
- increased risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus;
- hypertension, blood pressure problems;
- disruption of the circulatory system;
- increased cholesterol, increased risk of blood clots;
- the risk of oncological diseases increases.
It is important to turn to specialists in time, to choose the optimal direction of treatment, nutrition, training.
The female body differs from the male, has its own characteristics, predispositions. Even slender girls can have a belly. There are several reasons for this:
- Features of the structure of the figure, heredity.
- Poor posture. Incorrect position of the spine disrupts blood circulation, impairs the functioning of internal organs.
- Stressful situations.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Age-related changes in the body.
- Improper nutrition, excess carbohydrates.
- Some diseases.
Only a doctor can determine the true problem. You will need to undergo a comprehensive examination, take tests.
The reasons for the appearance of the abdomen in men are largely the same as for women. This is an unhealthy diet, insufficient physical activity, stressful situations. But most often it is the abuse of alcoholic beverages, which are combined with high-calorie fatty foods.
If, during active sports, proper nutrition, the belly continues to grow, you should immediately consult a doctor. This can be a symptom of a number of diseases:
- benign, malignant neoplasms, tumors, cysts;
- liver problems - cirrhosis, fatty hepatosis;
- accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity;
- endocrine diseases - diabetes mellitus, obesity, hypothyroidism.
You should not delay solving the problem, you should immediately contact the specialists of the weight loss clinic.
In children and adolescents
Overweight in children and adolescents is a real problem in modern society. Lack of physical activity due to gadgets, unhealthy diet due to fast food and fast carbohydrates. The solution here is one - to try to help the child, send him to the sports section, control nutrition, prepare healthy food. If the whole family eats right, it will be easier for the teenager to get used to.
It is best to consult a specialist. The child may need comprehensive help: nutritionist, trainer, psychologist. Weight loss clinics are ready to offer a similar set.
Competent motivation is the key to successful weight loss. Many people say: "I want to lose weight, " but few are ready to work, confidently go towards their dreams. It is important to set a realistic goal and follow it. It is possible to lose 0. 5-1 kg per week. This figure is very small, but it will allow you to get a positive trend and track the result. For successful weight loss you need:
- Set a realistic goal.
- Keep a diary, track your progress.
- Reward yourself for each step you complete.
- Communicate with like-minded people, specialists.
The main thing is self-confidence, self-confidence. On the way to losing weight, various difficulties can arise. It is best to have a reliable person nearby - a dietitian doctor.
Weight loss without diet
What will allow you to "remove" an extra belly in the best possible way and improve your health? This requires a combination of different methods, the main ones of which are dietary changes, physical activity and cosmetic / physiotherapy body treatments. These processes have their own specifics: the purpose of changing nutrition is to reduce the amount of energy entering the body, which, according to the law of conservation of energy, will force the body to start using its own fat reserves to maintain metabolism. This law is fundamental and always works, regardless of the specifics of the situation. However, a change in diet can only trigger the process of fat breakdown, but practically cannot direct this process to a specific area of the body - the abdomen, hips or legs. This requires additional actions, such as physiotherapy exercises or cosmetology. Let's consider the possibilities of each of these areas.
The process of losing weight is quite long. It will take a lot of effort, to show stamina, character. But it is not at all necessary to adhere to a grueling diet, eat monotonously, spend a huge number of hours in the gym. You can lose weight without diets if highly qualified professionals, experienced nutritionists, fitness instructors, and psychotherapists are involved.
Experts identify the following main components of weight loss:
- Food. It should be varied, including meat, dairy products, fruits, vegetables. It is necessary to fully satisfy the body's need for nutrients, vitamins, micro-, macroelements. The main criteria when drawing up the menu are calorie content and the ratio of proteins, fats, carbohydrates. The exact daily rate will be selected by a specialist, focusing on individual characteristics, height, weight. A certain diet based on a small set of foods will quickly get bored, lead to breakdowns, and even more weight gain.
- Physical activity. The complex must be composed correctly, to affect all muscle groups. Ideally combine strength and interval training, add cardio, stretching. There should be enough time between workouts for the body to recover.
- Psychological attitude. Do not be afraid of mistakes, small failures, disruptions. Only a smooth, gradual weight loss will allow you to get a dream figure and maintain health. The help of a psychologist is especially needed for beginners who suffer from complexes, dissatisfaction with themselves.
- Healthy sleep, hobbies, walking - all this normalizes the psycho-emotional state, allows you to be distracted, get a charge of vivacity and energy.
It is important to follow each point. Gradually, their implementation will become habitual, will not be perceived as restriction, deprivation. You should not try to quickly lose weight and remove the belly. This approach can cause serious health problems.
Axioms helping to lose weight
As many people know from the course of geometry, an axiom is an expression that does not require proof. It is indisputable, proven by vast experience of many years. Such rules also exist in the field of dietetics. They should be carefully studied and memorized. This will help to avoid the most common mistakes, to make the process of weight loss easier and more effective.
The axioms for losing weight include the following statements:
- it is impossible to reduce the volumes locally, the body will lose weight completely. You can slightly adjust the position by physical activity, paying more attention to certain areas;
- it is necessary to strictly adhere to the daily calorie content. The rate will be calculated by the attending dietitian. It should not be lower than 1200 kcal, otherwise the weight will return immediately after the end of the diet;
- it is necessary to comply with the daily rate of proteins, fats, carbohydrates;
- diets in most cases are ineffective, lead to breakdowns. The best option is a healthy, balanced diet;
- do not be afraid of meat. For weight loss, it is much better, since it contains a large amount of protein, gives a feeling of fullness for several hours;
- do not be afraid of increasing muscle mass. The more it is, the slimmer a person looks, the smaller the volume of the body;
- it is not recommended to skip dinner. You need to eat 3-4 hours before bedtime.
A dietitian with many years of experience will help dispel common myths. He will tell you the right direction, nutrition, determine the required degree of physical activity.
How to quickly remove the stomach and sides
What dietary changes are needed to reduce the belly and can this be done without dieting? Yes you can! Diet means giving up any product or group of products for the duration of weight loss - and this is not at all necessary to achieve results. The most direct way is calorie restriction. You can reduce calories in different ways - either by directly counting calories, or by changing your diet. For women, the recommended calorie content to start and maintain fat breakdown is within 1200 kcal daily, for men it is usually within 1600 kcal. More precisely, it can be said after determining the level of metabolism and body composition on a special apparatus - a body composition analyzer, which can calculate the ratio of fat and muscle.
The question of how to remove the stomach was asked by almost every person. Often it is not at all necessary to start diligently losing weight, exhausting yourself with diets, hours of training. The following simple rules will help you get rid of your belly. They can be introduced gradually, but the results will be noticeable almost immediately. These include:
- Limit the consumption of high-calorie foods: sweet, starchy foods, smoked foods, various convenience foods. You should not immediately give up your favorite products; it is enough to slightly reduce the usual portions.
- Add more vegetables and fruits to your daily diet. Plant fibers normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract, promote cleansing.
- Try to completely exclude products from the "stop list". These are chips, sugary sodas and the like. Such products have a negative effect on the state of the body as a whole.
- Consume an adequate amount of water daily. She participates in all processes in the body. Inadequate intake can slow down the weight loss process.
- Include physical activity. You can start with a daily walk, then go for a run or sign up for a fitness center.
- Include a special set of exercises for the press. For beginners, it is better to turn to professional instructors, to master the technique of execution.
If a girl wanted to lose weight, she is ready to do anything. But it is necessary to moderate the ardor a little. Excessive workload, total restrictions on food can lead to irreparable consequences. That is why, if you want to lose weight, it is better to turn to specialists, to a good weight loss clinic.
Another way to reduce abdominal circumference is physiotherapy and cosmetology. One of the most suitable methods for these purposes is cryolipolysis. This method is a local effect of cold on adipose tissue. As a result, fat cells (the most sensitive to cooling) trigger the process of so-called apoptosis - natural destruction and death. This method has been proven by research and is successfully used by cosmetologists. However, it can only act on the superficially located tissues of the subcutaneous fat, and not on the deep visceral fat. Thus, the use of cryolipolysis can lead to a local decrease in the abdominal circumference, but at the expense of thinning of the subcutaneous fat. It is beneficial for cosmetic purposes, but ineffective in terms of improving health.
Another option is massage. It works perfectly in conjunction with the correct power supply and loads. It is also a good way to prevent the appearance of a belly. Experts recommend continuing it at the end of the course, doing it 2-3 times weekly.
Massage is especially suitable for a girl after childbirth, it will help to recover faster. It also has a number of other benefits:
- improves local blood circulation;
- improves the external condition of the skin;
- helps to avoid stretch marks;
- deep massage will help improve the functioning of internal organs, especially the gastrointestinal tract.
There are several main areas of massage. For beginners, it is better to take a course with a specialist. After that, independently perform some techniques at home for maintenance, prevention.
There are the following main types of massage:
- Anti-cellulite. Designed to reduce the amount of cellulite, make it less noticeable, and improve the condition of the skin.
- Honey. It is famous for its good antioxidant effects. Effectively removes toxins, toxins, making the skin smoother, more toned.
- Manual, performed with fingers or a special massager. Most effective before and after training, relieves muscle tension.
- Canned, recognized as the most effective in the fight against cellulite, fat deposits.
- Water or shower-sharko tones the skin, makes it smoother and more toned.
Massage is best combined with nutrition, exercise. Then the result will be much better, weight loss will be faster.
2. The most effective exercises for losing weight on the abdomen
Exercise is the most important component of losing weight. A strong muscular corset improves posture, makes the waist thinner, the silhouette is more beautiful. Strength training is not enough to lose weight on the abdomen. It is important to add cardio days, jogging. This will speed up the general metabolism, strengthen the body, and make the silhouette more beautiful. It is especially important to strengthen the abdominal muscles for girls. This will reduce stretch marks on the skin during pregnancy.
What kind of physical activity contributes to a decrease in the volume of the abdomen to the greatest extent? As a rule, here we are talking about the so-called aerobic exercise - they are not too intense, while accompanied by intense breathing. Simply put, fat is burned by the oxygen in the air, and breathing as a way of delivering oxygen is critical for weight loss. English-speaking authors point to the so-called "walk and talk test" - a level of physical activity at which normal breathing is maintained and the ability to continue talking. Many overweight people find it difficult to dramatically increase physical activity - weight itself, problems with joints, heart, pressure, shortness of breath interfere. Therefore, a gradual increase in physical activity is recommended. Walking, cycling and swimming are considered optimal types, which do not give shock loads to the joints. In this case, the heart rate should be at the level of 50-70% of the maximum, which is calculated using the formula 220 - age. For example, on the first day, you can start by cycling for 30 minutes for a distance of about 6 km, and gradually increase the load to 16 km in an hour on the 10th day. The standard recommendation is to walk at least 10, 000 steps a day, and at the same time spend an additional 200-300 minutes a week on physical activity.
There are a number of basic rules for training:
- Physical activity must be combined with nutrition, strictly follow the meal schedule.
- Introduce exercises gently, gradually increasing the number of repetitions.
- It is better to finish strength training on the press with stretching. This will relax the muscles and speed up the recovery process.
It is important to correctly compose a set of exercises. It should cover all muscle groups. It is better to put the press at the end, before stretching, when the body is warm enough. The standard set includes the following exercises:
- twisting, effectively working out the rectus and oblique muscles of the press;
- scissors aimed at the lower press;
- straight leg lifts to strengthen all abdominal muscles;
- plank on straight arms or forearms; bicycle.
For beginners, these exercises will suffice. They are recognized as the most effective. Enough 2-3 approaches 15-20 times.
3. Proper nutrition
The diet also has a certain value: the main emphasis in nutrition should be placed on fibrous animal protein (lean meat, river and white sea fish, seafood), vegetables, fruits and soups. It is such a diet that will bring the maximum amount of satiety without unnecessary calories, sugar and fat. For example, a plate of borscht can be an excellent meal, and for the second - chicken breast marinated in soy sauce and baked in foil in the oven, as a side dish for which there will be grilled vegetables with a slice of rye bread. For a sweet dessert, crispy fruits such as pears, apples, or plums are best, which are low in calories and have enough fiber to support normal bowel movements during weight loss. To record changes and maintain a stable diet, it is advisable to keep a food diary, which helps you to be fully aware of the peculiarities of eating behavior and maintain your motivation. Unfortunately, there are no specific foods or diets that would lead to the burning of exactly and only visceral fat: when the diet changes, fat begins to burn everywhere, including in the abdominal cavity. But a decrease in visceral fat can and will lead to a significant improvement in health.
Nutritionists distinguish the following basic nutritional rules:
- reduce portions. It is recommended to purchase a kitchen scale, weigh each meal;
- meals should be complete, five times a day: three main meals and two snacks;
- should include more vegetables, meat, dairy, dairy products;
- food should fully replenish the necessary trace elements, vitamins, nutrients;
- meals should be prepared with a minimum of oil. Ideal to use a grill, non-stick pan or baking dish, double boiler;
- if possible, avoid thermal processing of vegetables and fruits - this will preserve vitamins and nutrients.
These rules should be adhered to even after reaching the desired weight. There are a huge number of stories when a girl lost weight, got rid of extra pounds, but returning to old habits worsened the results.
Are there any supplements or vitamins that can help burn abdominal fat? Yes there is. These include, for example, L-carnitine. This is a dietary supplement that is sold in pharmacies and sometimes in stores in the nutritional areas. A distant relative of the B vitamins, L-carnitine helps transport long fatty acids into the mitochondria, which leads to some acceleration of the breakdown of adipose tissue, including in the abdomen. Also, this substance has an anabolic effect, that is, it helps to increase the amount of muscle tissue, and also has a number of other positive effects - it increases resistance to stress, leads to an increase in physical and mental energy, has antioxidant and antihypoxic effects. However, many researchers recognize that the main effect of L-carinthine develops against the background of increased physical activity, and without this it is not very effective. Therefore, increased physical activity is an important component of weight loss.
4. Cleansing the body
Cleansing the body implies the elimination of toxins, toxins through the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract. If there is a large amount of stool in the intestine, it becomes difficult to access the villi that cover the walls of the small intestine. This makes it difficult to digest food, assimilate nutrients from it. Therefore, experts recommend periodically to cleanse the body.
There are the following most effective, efficient ways:
- Bran. They are coarse plant fibers that are not digested by the body. They pass through the gastrointestinal tract, cleansing it.
- Prunes. It is famous for its laxative effect, softens feces, and promotes their movement through the intestines.
- Water is the best way to detoxify the liver. It is necessary to consume 2-2. 5 liters of clean water daily. The doctor will tell you the exact rate.
- Detox on fruits, vegetables. This method can be used 1-2 times annually.
Alcohol intake is another important aspect of having abdominal fat. Alcohol, when it enters the body, increases the solubility of fats and increases the amount in the blood, which is not normal for the body. In response, liver cells begin to seize excess fat from the blood, accumulating it inside. Also, the breakdown products of alcohol in the liver lead to an increase in the synthesis of abnormal fatty acids. In addition, alcohol inhibits the action of lipases, enzymes that break down fat. Taken together, this leads to the fact that with regular alcohol use (especially by men), fat accumulates in the liver - the so-called fatty hepatosis, which can subsequently result in liver cirrhosis. Therefore, one of the important parts of weight loss programs is limiting or completely avoiding alcohol consumption in the process of losing weight, which has a beneficial effect on the abdominal circumference of men.
How to quickly remove the stomach and sides of a man
Weight loss rules for men are no different from the standard ones. The main tools for achieving the goal are proper nutrition, exercise and psychotherapy. A menu high in protein, complex carbohydrates, high-quality strength training with a lot of weight, jogging - all this will help you achieve what you want. During weight loss, it is recommended to adhere to the following simple rules: